Environmental entrepreneur, author and media personality Josh Dorfman informs audiences about emerging trends in the green economy. Josh’s talks frequently highlight innovators, inventors and forward-looking brands that are ushering in a new era of green living. He roadmaps how to embrace these solutions to create more compelling lifestyles and more effective organizations.
Known as “The Lazy Environmentalist,” Josh has addressed audiences at a wide range companies and institutions including: Google, The North Face, PepsiCo, Clorox, Anthony Robbins Companies, The Aspen Institute, The New York Federal Reserve Bank, Yale University, Duke University, and Notre Dame University.
Josh’s talks are informed by his green business and media experience that notably includes:
- Creator, Executive Producer & Host, The Lazy Environmentalist: a daily national radio show on SiriusXM and reality TV show on Sundance Channel.
- Site Leader / GM, Vine.com: an Amazon.com e-commerce business specializing in natural, organic and sustainable products.
- Vice-President Marketing, GoodGuide: a “Fast Company 50” and “Tech Crunch 50” provider of information on the environmental, health and ethical performance of consumer products.
- Founder & CEO, Vivavi: a modern green design e-commerce company, named to Inc. Magazine’s “Green 50” in 2006.
- National Spokesperson, Brita’s FilterForGood Campaign: winner of a GOLD Clio award in strategic communications for encouraging consumers to reduce bottled water waste.
- Managing Director, Asheville Angels: an angel investor group funding early-stage companies and startups including cleantech, healthtech, edtech, and other adjacent industries.
- Director, Venture Asheville: an initiative to build a world-class entrepreneurial ecosystem in one of America’s most beautiful locales by connecting entrepreneurs, talent and investors through unique programming.
“I was thrilled with how well the program was received — it was a ‘home run.’ Your message was inspiring and hit on all the points we wanted to cover in a positive and meaningful way. The examples you provided were great!”
— Sandra Cartie, Senior Vice President, Bristol-Myers Squibb
“Our audience consisted of a couple hundred corporate travel and procurement managers from Global and Fortune 500 companies. Josh’s style was entertaining and thought provoking, and his content was right-on and timely for these professionals who need to build a strategy for ‘green’ within their own global organizations. There was a long line to buy his book afterwards!”
— Suzanne Neufang, VP-Product Marketing & User Experience, GetThere
“Josh Dorfman was the perfect keynote to our conference. Josh was able to do what very few speakers can do…..connect with the audience on a very emotional & human way. By doing this he was able to deliver a message that was intelligent, funny, and inspiring. The title of his talk, “Don’t just be a green business, be a great business” was perfect for our audience. I would recommend him as a keynote speaker whole heartily. ”
–David Etzler, Founder, SME Green Conference
“Josh’s address to over 600 community and business leaders created a new approach and dialogue to promoting environmentalism. Our audience was captivated and inspired by Josh’s refreshing spin on promoting green and earned a lot of laughs along the way. Josh presented himself as the down-to-earth, honest and practical voice we expected!”
— Jeff Milgrom, President, Event Marketing Strategies, Central Ohio Emerald Awards, Columbus, Ohio
“Josh is clearly on the cutting-edge of the environmental movement. He presented environmental action in ways that inspired our group to participate in change and offered a vision of a green future worth striving toward.”
— Mark Victor Hansen, Founder & Co-Creator of Chicken Soup For The Soul Series
Notable Talks and Speeches
- The Aspen Institute
- The New York Federal Reserve Bank
- Yale School of Management
- Duke University
- Notre Dame Mendoza College of Business – Ten Years Hence series
- Bristol Myers Squibb
- International Design and Funishings Annual Conference (Honorary Chair)
- International Interior Design Association
- World Science Festival
- Anthony Robbins Companies
- The North Face
- Liz Claiborne Designer Roundtable
- MTV Networks
- Sustainable Brands Conference
- LOHAS Conference
- Green Festivals
- Opportunity Green
- Design + Green